Festival of the Spoken Nerd | GeekOut Interviews
After a few months of waiting, I went to see the Festival of The Spoken Nerd show in Wells last week. I had no idea what to expect from the show but was curious to find out and took four fellow geeks along with me. It was a busy crowd from a very varied age range, that I think spanned from 12 to 50+ and I think it certainly had something for everyone.
Wells marked their fifth show on this particular tour and you can see that they are still ironing out some of the creases, but I think that adds to the appeal of the show. The team have a good camaraderie and you feel they have worked together for a long time to make this tour what it is today.
During the show, you’ll see experiments, hear songs, be bewildered by camera effects and amazed at the radiation present in a banana (due to potassium). There is even a Gilbert and Sullivan reference in there for all you musical theatre nerds.
The show: http://festivalofthespokennerd.com/
Festival of the Spoken Nerd poster image – credit to Rosemary Rance / ADR Creative
You can also grab a copy of the book that Helen and Steve have written or any other book the team have published via their website. Dates for the tour continues throughout October to the end of November, tickets are available from their website. The tour dates are as follows:
- 6th Oct – Warwick Arts Centre University of Warwick, Gibbet Hill Road, Coventry, CV4 7AL
- 7th Oct – Sue Townsend Theatre, Upper Brown Street, Leicester, LE1 5TE
- 8th Oct – Lincoln Performing Arts Centre, University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool, Lincoln, LN6 7TS
- 12th Oct – Harlequin Theatre, Warwick Quadrant, Redhill, RH1 1NN
- 14th Oct – The Dukes, Moor Lane, Lancaster, LA1 1QE
- 15th Oct – Hexagon Theatre, Queens Walk, Reading, RG1 7UA
- 21st Oct – City Varieties Music Hall, Swan Street, Leeds, LS1 6LW
- 22nd Oct – The Lowry, Pier 8, Salford Quays, M50 2AZ
- 26th – 27th Oct – Norwich Playhouse, 42 – 58 St George’s Street, Norwich, NR3 1AB
- 29th Oct – The Corn Exchange, Market Street, Exeter, EX1 1BW
- 1st Nov – Wyvern Theatre, Theatre Square, Swindon, Wiltshire, SN1 1QN
- 3rd Nov – The Palace Theatre, 20 Clarendon Road, Watford, WD17 1JZ
- 4th Nov – Gala Theatre, Millennium Place, Durham, DH1 1WA
- 5th Nov – The Old Market, 11 Upper Market Street, Hove, BN3 1AS
- 15th Nov – Town Hall, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B3 3DQ
- 17th – 18th Nov – The Junction, Clifton Way, Cambridge, CB1 7GX
- 23rd Nov – Cornerstone Arts Centre, 25 Station Road, Didcot, Oxon, OX11 7NE
- 27th Nov – Duchess Theatre, 3-5 Catherine Street, London, WC2B 5LA
If you enjoyed our interview with Festival of the Spoken Nerd, let us know in the comments below, or over on Facebook and Twitter. We always love to hear from you guys and also, don’t forget to check out Festival of the Spoken Nerd on Facebook and Twitter. Finally, if you’re going to be around one of the above places, or you can make your way over to it, please do go check them out. I really enjoyed the show and I know you will too.