The Week in Geek – 27/10/2014
This was a rather eventful week for the cinema geek!
But not only that, we’ve got lots of small updates – Firestorm’s campaign is over (But their work isn’t finished), Five Nights At Freddy’s 2 has a great trailer and we talk about the intrinsic impossibility that is pure NOPE.
Marvel Phase 3
Ant Man wraps up the second phase of Marvel’s elaborate media domination scheme and a complete list of planned films has been dropped on us like a piano from seemingly nowhere! Here is the planned chronology (for those who haven’t already seen it):
- May 6th, 2016 – Captain America: Civil War This could be a tricky one. Without the rights to Spider-man some essential plot points may have to be unpleasantly cut.
- November 4th, 2016 – Doctor Strange It’s looking highly likely that Benedict Cumberbatch could be taking lead on this one.
- May 5th, 2017 – Guardians of the Galaxy 2 Subtitles heavily scratched out on the announcement poster. Deeply interesting.
- July 28th, 2017 – Thor: Ragnarok Loki sat the Allfather’s throne at the end of Dark World, and this bodes well for some major Thanos involvement.
- November 3rd, 2017 – Black Panther Despite a decade of enthusiasm, Wesley Snipes will not be taking the role.
- May 4th, 2018 – Avengers: Infinity War pt 1 Four years for the Infinity Stones story arc to start wrapping up. I’m trying to be patient, I really am…
- July 6th, 2018 – Captain Marvel Lot’s of different versions of Cap M to be had but this will be the first Marvel feature film with a Female character as sole lead.
- November 2nd, 2018 – Inhumans Kree-altered human beings and the subject of a lot of rumours surrounding Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D character Skye.
- May 3rd, 2019 – Avengers: Infinity War pt 2 And breathe
Additionally, we have the Netflix series to look forward to, Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Jessica Jones, ultimately coming together in the Defenders, the “street level” hero team. As for Sony’s side of the fence, not only has the Deadpool film been confirmed (I mean really confirmed now), there is now a Cable film on the cards!
Life is good.
Firestorm Kickstarter Campaign has finished
Thanks to all of your efforts, we have seen Firestorm successfully completed its Kickstarter Campaign. Well done to Gerry Anderson TV for their hard work on this campaign! In the end, out of the £49,280 pledge they were asking for, they earned a whopping £88,931! This is a truly spectacular way to end this campaign! Good luck to the awesome guys at Gerry Anderson and best of luck to the Firestorm project!
We can’t wait to see the final results.
Five Nights at Freddy’s 2
The trailers have been going around that there’s going to be a sequel to the hit horror game of 2014! Five Nights at Freddy’s 2 seems to feature no doors, which is rather different. There appears to be a mask feature, where you can hide from the animatronics. Does this mean we can finally move around Freddy Fazbear’s pizzas?
Further to this, we know of at least 8 animatronics; the new and the old animatronics, of which both kinds react differently. Jump scares galore incoming, ladies and gentlemen.
I love the internet. I really do. I unashamedly love internet memes, even the bad ones. The increasing power the internet provides to the general populous is incredible, and is in no doubt responsible for the increasing popularity of nerd-culture. There have been some terrible consequences, there always are, and this is one of them:
This is why we can’t have nice things!
This is what happens when outmoded media outlets try to get down with the kids!
How did this happen? Aubrey Plaza? I’m so angry I can only speak in sentence fragments! In the future, our generation will be able to say “We made Snakes on a Plane, buuuut we also made a Grumpy Cat Lifetime Christmas movie.” And we’ll watch it! That’s the really sad part here! We will watch it because we made it happen.
Ok, I think I’m done. I have to go lie down.
That’s it for this Week in Geek! If you know of anything happening that you think should get a small piece on this site, let us know! Drop us an e-mail or even use the contact form below. If you don’t want your name to be featured or if you want some information to be displayed should your news make it in, then please let us know what you want and we’ll accredit you as expected!